Monday, December 28, 2009

Post Holiday Blues..

I was getting dressed the other day, it might have even been Christmas day, and as I was drying my hair, I thought "I really need to get my hair done". Then I looked a little closer. I have gray hair. A lot of gray hair. I was shocked! I mean, I have been getting "full highlights" in my hair for so long now, I don't often see my natural hair color. Shades of blonde in the summer, warmer blondes and golds in the fall. I don't usually see any kind of "roots" in between, certainly not gray ones! So now coloring my hair is no longer a fashion choice, but a necessity. I don't know if all these old age indicators were there before and I just wasn't noticing, but once you hit forty, these things seem to develop a neon glow. Sometimes that neon glow is generated by a well meaning teenager, who is always happy to point out a flaw for you. There is just something terribly abnormal about having a pimple and a wrinkle in the same spot. Am I over the hill or not? Make up my mind!

1 comment:

Caren said...

Oh honey! You know as fine wine beauty increases with age! Know that each grey hair and wrinkle is a sign that you have lived, and lived well! You are truly better with age NOT older! And the kids...they will be there one day too! So celebrate each sign of aging! As a badge of honor! You rock! You know it!
Care