Sunday, October 18, 2009

Homecoming '09

Last night was Cosby High School's homecoming dance. They had the game friday night and it was a cold, rainy night. Alex was home for the weekend, (thank god!) so he took Courtney and friends to the game. He had enough about and hour into it and came home to wait for them to call him for a ride home! They were home about and hour later, way before the game was over. Saturday night was still cold and wet for the dance.
Mark was gone this weekend on a golf trip, so I was so glad Alex was here-he was a huge help. Caren came over at 4pm to stay with Carli and Ruby, and Alex and I took 18 kids out to dinner before the dance! Luckily, one of Courtney's friends mom, Sandy, stayed and had dinner with us and was a big help. I had to leave early to get to the school-I was a ticket taker-very important assignment that apparently was going to take an hour of training before the dance. So Alex and Sandy drove all the kids to someone else's house for pictures, and then on to the dance. After all that, Alex went home, stayed with Carli until I got home at 10:15, then went back out at 11:30, picked up Courtney and Rebecca, and brought them home for me. He was awesome!
The dance was a lot of fun, and I managed the ticket taking and ID checking without any difficulty. It was really fun to see all these kids that have grown up that I remember from elementary school. Some of them I didn't even recognize until I saw their names on the tickets! And some of them were showing me a drivers' license for ID, which is very bizarre.
So today, we just took it easy and did nothing all day. Alex woke up with a raging case of pink eye, which he has never had before and caused a moment of panic this morning when he woke up-but he is okay-he left at about 4 so he could get back to school before the clinic closed because they will give him eye drops there. I made him some white chili and a batch of brownies to take back with him, so he was happy.
So a good time was had by everyone this weekend. Mark will be home soon, and we are leaving the kids home and going out to dinner with friends. Have a great week!

No comments: