Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


Yesterday was my birthday-I had a great day. I started it with a nice long run all by myself, then Courtney took Carli to the movies, just the two of them-Carli thought she was such a big girl-leaving me one and half hours of pure shopping bliss. I browsed Barnes and Noble for most of it. I love to have the time to go to Starbucks, then spend time checking out the books. The only way it could have been better was if it had been raining. There is just something about finding a great book to read on a rainy day.
After I picked up the girls and came home, Caren came over to begin preparation for the celebratory dinner. Mark picked up the wine on his way home-and excellent choices they were. I wanted to help make dinner, because that is my favorite thing to do, pour a glass of wine and cook a fantastic meal. We made the most amazing seafood paella I have ever had. It had mussels and clams and shrimp, mmm... it was so good. Caren's parents Dick and Nancy were in town, so they joined us for dinner, it was so nice to see them again. Courtney baked me a yellow butter cake with chocolate frosting and it was beautiful. She even put a "41" on top.
I received so many nice cards and phone calls and text messages and emails yesterday, thanks again, everyone!
You will notice in the pictures from yesterday, I am wearing the new apron the girls gave me for my birthday, as well as my very special birthday hat, which Caren gave me last year on my birthday. Mark showered me with plenty of flowers, gifts and cards as well. It was a lovely evening.
Courtney and I had to reschedule our Busch Gardens trip, there were thunderstorms in the area all day long and I did not want to a)ride roller coasters in the rain, or b)have to leave early because of the storms when I paid to get in. She was fine with it, we are going to try again on Monday.
Have a great night...

No comments: