Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Problem solved...for now!

Good news! Our friend Angela Karousos works for the school system and gave me an email address to contact the Asst. Director of Chesterfield County Special Education. I emailed her about a week or so ago and yesterday she sent me an email asking me to call her today. I called her, and sure enough, there was a big mix up. Carli was on the transportation record for Robius, which is where she was supposed to go, but someone apparently decided she was closer to Bailey Bridge, and changed her paperwork to show she was going there. Theoretically, she could have been picked up on the first day and taken to Robius, but all her paperwork would have been at Bailey Bridge!
So, anyway, this very nice lady straightened it all out for us and assured us that Carli is indeed going to Robius, which is what we want. She is on track to go to Robius.
So that's a relief. Thanks, everyone that called wanting to know what was going to happen and if there was anything anyone could do to help!
Tomorrow Courtney and I are going to Busch Gardens to ride roller coasters. She has always been afraid, but she is determined to learn to ride them tomorrow. Her friends all go, and she wants to overcome her fear so she can go with them. She asked me to go with her. Yeah. I am not a huge fan, but I will ride them-it will be fun!

No comments: