Sunday, August 30, 2009

I know-it has been a whole week!

These weeks I work 7am-3pm really screw me up!I feel like I can't get anything done!
I am so lucky, though. This week my cousin Brandi left in my care her 18 year old son Alex, who we love to death. He is staying last week and this week with us until we take him to college at Washington and Lee next weekend. He is so great. He helps with the girls and shuttles them around, he cleans, he does the dishes-I keep telling him he is the son I never wished for! He laughs at that! He is great and we are happy to have him.
Other than that, the only big thing that has happened this week was Carli getting her shots for middle school, which turned into a traumatic event. She got the meningitis shot, which has a 2% chance of terrible side effects. Well, she got terribly sick. Fever, vomiting, diarrhea, arm swollen-she was really sick and she was scared to death, because of course, she doesn't understand all of this. Poor thing. She is better tonight, but she still looks a little pale. I am going to call the Dr. office tomorrow to report it. I just don't know what to do about immunizations. Friends with children with Autism really argue against them, and what they say makes sense, but my kids never had any problems. But when you see a reaction like Carli had, it makes you wonder if you are doing more harm than good. I just don't know if I had any more children (which I won't!) what I would do.
Anyway, have a good Monday everyone!

No comments: