Sunday, August 2, 2009

Yawn!


I am exhausted tonight! I worked Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, but I was off this weekend. That's always nice, having weekends off. Friday, Caren was nice enough to come over and take Carli to see Ice Age 3 (again, it's her favorite movie this summer.). Carli thinks Caren is the best! She has been telling us all weekend that Caren took her to the movies, she had a hot dog with ketchup and a bottle of water, Caren had popcorn. She had so much fun.
Saturday Mark power washed the swingset, next weekend we plan to stain it. I went for a run. Saturday night we had a little dinner party. We were having so much fun I forgot to take pictures! My friend Jodie was here visiting her sister, so they came over for dinner. We also had our good friends, Dan and Carol Carey. Dan and Carol are such nice people and alot of fun. Carol has been on our girls trip to Jodie's lake house and has been with us for a girls trip to Vegas a few years ago. She is always fun. Then there was Sandy, we had invited her and her husband Roger, but Roger is a pilot and got called in to fly to Paris. I didn't know pilots had to be on call like doctors. Interesting. Anyway, we grilled shrimp and mango and avocados. We had some really nice wines. I made a bruscetta on grilled bread for an appetizer with the tomatoes from the garden-oh, it was so good. We had sooo many tomatoes we made everyone take home paper bags full. The colors were amazing, I wish I had taken a picture. Purple Cherokees, green stripees, little yellow heirlooms, big orange and little yellow ones, it's a rainbow of tomatoey goodness! We also had lots of green peppers-so tonight, I made stuffed green peppers and had dinner ready for Steve and Caren when they got home from a wedding they were attending. We were all very happy when we realized the peppers, the garlic, the salad ingredients and even the beef were all from the farm! How exciting!

This week I have a full work schedule-Mon, Tues, Wed and Fri-off Thursday and off again on the weekend, so I don't know if anything blog worthy will be occuring! But you never know! Tuesday night is our neighborhood Night Out party-it saounds like it is going to be alot of fun.
Check out the picture of the sign-Jodie gave me that for my birthday. She knows me so well. Jodie and I share the same birthday, and we share alot of other things, too! Have a good week!

1 comment:

Caren said...

Thanks for the shout out Carli! I had fun with you too! So fun to watch the Ogorchock world unfold before our blogging eyes! Good food, friends and events! Thanks again for the farm dinner friday night!

Caren