Saturday, September 19, 2009

Just what I have been waiting for...

You may be wondering why I have a big travel cup on the blog. I have, for years, been in search of the perfect travel cup. Perfect, to me, means it can go in the dishwasher. I have looked everywhere for a nice dishwasher safe cup for taking to work in the morning. Caren heard about this cup at work the other day and ran right out to get us both one! It is called a Contigo. She got it at Costco-two in a pack for $20! What a deal! Keeps your coffee hot for hours, doesn't leak,dishwasher safe-I heart it!
As for my near-death experience the other day with the blood pressure issues, as soon as I stopped taking the birth control pills, the issue resolved itself. It took no time to get it out of my system. I got all my labs in the mail and everything was perfect. So, I am back to thinking I am 20 instead of 41. I must admit, I did enjoy the diuretic that I took for two days-it helped me shed a delightful 4 pounds! Tomorrow I am getting back outside for a good long run and I can't wait!
Courtney had a cross country meet in Williamsburg today at William and Mary. I didn't go because Mark is in Pennsylvania moving his mother into assisted living. She had to leave at 5am, so we were up at 4:45. They all ride the team bus anyway, but I still would have like to have gone. Getting up at 4:30 and getting dressed and driving to Williamsburg would not have been a good time for Miss Carli. She spent the day entertaining herself with her movies, swing set, painting and playing with Ruby. Courtney ran well, and then they all went to lunch and got home at about 4pm.
It's just a quiet weekend with the girls-last night Caren and Steve came over and we made dinner, Courtney went to the football game. Tonight the girls and I watched a movie...and of course, tomorrow night will be Christian Dinner night-Hooray!!

No comments: