Friday, September 4, 2009

Dinner-not made by me!


I have not been updating my blog like I should, and I must confess, it is mostly because I have been dipping into a new guilty pleasure, Facebook. I avoided it for a long time because I thought it would be time consuming, and it is! I thought, "Why would I want to to get in touch with people I have not seen in 20+ years? But, I must admit, it is fun, and I can be selective about who I talk to and who I don't. However, I have yet to be "friended" by my own daughter (Casey-that's you) and my niece (Lindsey). But that's okay...maybe it's best if I don't know what the 20 year olds are doing!
Tonight, Alex and Courtney made dinner for Caren and Steve and Mark and I. It was, in a word, amazing. They made Brandi's pear bisque, (so good!) it was a chilled bartlett pear soup with whipped cream and cinnamon, salad with a homemade dressing-Alex said it was the bonefish house dressing-I don't know how he got the recipe, but it was complicated and it was soooo good-garlic bread, and then they made chicken tetrazinni-really, we all said the best we ever had!
Mark said it was better than mine, but, you know, whatever!
I am kidding, it really was the best we've ever had! Courtney was his sous chef. They are a great team. They were talking about opening a restaurant and arguing about where they would put it by the end of the night! They are such good kids and I love their relationship-they are like brother and sister, they look out for each other and get along great! They have the same sense of humor, and he is such a great role model for her. He has been driving her and picking her up from cross country practice this week, sometimes taking Carli with him- our kids are awesome! We will be sorry to see him go tomorrow, but I know he will be back soon, and Steve is looking forward to getting him into the OR to show him what a surgeon does. Courtney and Alex will graduate in 4 years together, he with his bachelors, her from high school, and we will have to do a big family trip. We are thinking Greece. I don't know what Carli will find to eat in Greece, but there must be something.
Stay tuned this week to hear about Carli- her back to school visit was amazing. I have high hopes for her this year!

No comments: