Monday, June 22, 2009

Caren and Steve own the farm.Caren and I researched, studied, ordered, grew things from seed on my dining room table and loved the seedlings all winter long. Now they are in the ground growing and we have a bit of a weed problem. That's okay, we can manage it. Today we took Carli to the farm and dug potatoes, weeded the tomatoes and cut the cucumbers. We pulled onions and watered watermelons, corn and lima beans. It is sweaty, hard work, but we love it. We love growing it, picking it, cooking it. Sometimes things grow and we are like "what is that?" "should I pick it or nurture it?" we have grown some fabulous weeds that we thought were something else. "Is it a weed or purple basil?" We didn't know but I pulled it out anyway, it was too close to the tomato plant we were trying to stake up. I came home with a truckload of cucumbers and potatoes which I will be cooking and sharing tomorrow! Yeah summer harvest!

No comments: