Friday, June 19, 2009

We had a great day today. The girls and I went to the Richmond Metro Zoo. We used to go a lot when the girls were little, but had not been in a few years. It has changed so much and is really nice. It is privately owned and used to be more of a petting zoo with a few exotic animals, but they have made a lot of improvements and it was really a lot of fun! We saw lots of cute animals, fed the parakeets, rode the sky ride, and checked out the gift shop before we left. If you live around here and you are reading this, you should go,it's a fun way to spend a summer day. They have a nice picnic area and snack bars scattered throughout the zoo. I think what we like best is that you can still buy the cup of food for the animals at the gate and feed whatever animals you want. There are no "Don't feed the animals" signs anywhere, and the animals love you when you show up with a cup of food. Even the rhinos came running. My only complaint was maybe they have too many monkeys. I don't really need to see every species of monkeys that ever existed. I would like to see the porcupines moved to a better location, I could hardly see them, but I digress.
We finished up the day, Carli and I, with a trip to the pool. Courtney couldn't come, she still has her broken finger in a splint. She went to hang out with friends while Carli and I went to the pool and met up with Colleen, who always makes me laugh, and Ellie, who is always so sweet to Carli. As soon as we got there, Ellie ran over to Carli and said "Hi Carli!" and Carli said "Hi Ellie". So cute. Ellie was having fun with a toy turtle she had found named Tina, who is a boy. Everyone petted Tina before the afternoon was over.
I had Mark pick up tuna today for dinner which I marinated in soy sauce, olive oil, lemon and garlic. Caren and Steve joined us for dinner. It looks like Caren will have to have her gall bladder out soon, but not this weekend. Good thing, because we have big plans for the weekend!!

No comments: