Monday, June 29, 2009

A few of my favorite things...

No, we didn't go here today-I wish we had. This is one of my favorite pics from Wyoming two summers ago. I think Wyoming is the prettiest state I have ever been to. I would love to live there. I know, the winters are harsh, but I love cold, too! We are going to try to go back next year.

I have two great things to share. First, the Smart Dogs that I posted a picture of Courtney with yesterday-I ate one today, and guess what? Completely delicious. No fat, only 45 calories, 2 carbs and 8 grams of protein.I put it on a whole wheat hot dog bun with a little mustard-heavenly.
The second item-Pearle Vision pre-moistened lens towelette for your glasses. My eye doctor gave them to me at my last visit, and I stuffed them in my purse and forgot all about them. Then I stumbled across them months later, and thought "let me try these"-they cleaned my glasses so well, I am going to go back and buy a box of them. They are individually packaged much like a condom, so they don't take up much room in the purse. Love it.

You may notice I changed the template of the blog and added a "What I am reading" section and a recipe section. I hope someone finds these things interesting. I will try to keep it updated!

Yesterday I went to Best Buy. I was heading to the movie section, because Carli needed to add to her ever-growing mountain of movies, Best Buy is one of Carli's approved "Scooby-Doo stores", which is really any store that might sell a Scooby-Doo DVD. As we walked down the aisle, they had a large TV playing a continuous loop of Michael Jackson's best videos. I stopped and watched for a few minutes and was reminded of how talented this guy was. He was an amazing singer, dancer, and choreographer. But the saddest part, at least to me, is that part of him died a long time ago. For the last 15 years or so he has just been so out of touch with reality that so many people lost interest in him. He was just a weird guy. Now we all know that he had horrible addiction problems and it seems this is the way so many celebrites end up. Alone, paranoid and drug addicted. What a miserable life. I will take my life in Moseley, Virginia anytime!

No comments: