Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Slippin' and slidin'!


Today was a beautiful day in Moseley. It was warm and sunny and the humidity was nice and low. Mark and I both went for a run this morning and then I made the girls breakfast-bagels and cream cheese for Carli and banana pancakes for Courtney. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone liked the same things? Or would that be boring? Courtney is a vegetarian, Carli is a true carnivore. In fact, I am getting ready to slap a big steak on the grill for her in a few minutes. Courtney is spending the night at a friends and they are dining at the movie theatre. Yum. I am sure that will be a healthy choice. I, however, am off to a big night at my friend Jan's house. She is hosting Bunco tonight and invited me to come over and play. I used to be a regular, every 3rd Thursday of the month, but I work every Friday and the late nights were too much for me! So, now I just play as a sub and still get to visit with everyone, but I am not committed each month. Works out well for me.
The girls and I did a little shopping today, we had a few errands to run, then stopped at the toy store for a surprise for Carli. We got more than we were looking for, though when she found this Add Imagelittle gem:That's right, its a Scooby Doo lunch box, and she was not leaving without it. It was right up there with the Shrek Trilogy gift set we bought last week because she liked the box. She already had all the movies, but she really wanted the box. You can never have too many Shrek DVD's, thats what we always say. But the real reason we went to the toy store was to purchase a Slip and Slide. Courtney and I thought it would be fun. It was. It took alot more effort than I thought it would and Courtney and I both had to give Carli a little extra help before she figured it out. She thought it was pretty cool, and later, we let Ruby out and she really liked it! I guess they don't just make a plain old slippery mat anymore, there was a very involved set up, involving an instruction booklet and some crocodiles that we never could quite figure out what we were supposed to do with. We finally just flipped them over and let them shower over us like rain. Check out the pics on Flikr. Gotta go to work tomorrow, and Brandi and Alex will be here tomorrow night. I think I should go and shower. I have grass in places that have not seen grass in years.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Looks like a lot of fun. How about we have some cocktails and then place about 4 slipin' slides back to back down the big hill. If we can sled down it, we can slip and slide. Well, I guess I didn't really make it all the way down when we were sledding. Maybe not such a good idea.