Thursday, July 16, 2009

Getting ready!




Today was my last day of work before our vacation. We leave for St Kitts on Monday at about 8am, so we are going to have to leave really early in the morning. I took Carli this afternoon to Best Buy to buy a battery pack and headphones for her DVD player. She is not a fan of headphones, but it is really her only option on the airplane. No headphones, no movies. She was not happy about having to go to the store, so she was already mad when we got there. She had a bit of a meltdown in the store while I was talking to one of the employees about what kind of battery pack I needed. She climbed up on a table and I pulled her down, and she pushed me. I pulled her aside immediately and talked to her about her behavior and told her she could sit on the floor if she wanted to sit down. But the poor guy that was trying to help us, he was obviously so uncomfortable. He said "I just want you to know that I think you are handling this really well, you are so patient and I just don't know if I could do it." Then he felt bad and said "I am sorry, I know you don't have a choice, and I don't mean to make you feel bad"-I told him it was okay, she isn't always this difficult and she would settle down in a minute. The rest of the time she was fine, but I have to say, somtimes when I take her out in public and she gets mad and does stuff like pushing me, it makes me wonder what I am going to do when she gets older and I start having a hard time managing her without getting hurt. I just don't know what is to come.

Anyway, we are preparing to go on vacation and I am planning to bring my laptop so I can download pics and update my blog. Last night Mark and I cooked out on the grill, we grilled some bread and made bruscetta outside while our fajita steak grilled. It was all quite yummy. Then Colleen and I went for a walk before it got too dark. It was nice to catch up, we haven't had the time to walk and talk for a long time. Hopefully, this school year will be better with her daughter Ellie being able to ride the bus and we can walk a little earlier. Anyone not familiar with Ellie's story, her mom's blog is Life Appreciated.
I don't know if I will update again before the trip, so everyone-have a great week!

No comments: