Friday, July 17, 2009

Those are the pins that were stuck in her finger!

I know I said I probably would not blog again this week but I have some important news. Courtney got the pins out of her finger today! Both of them! We knew there was a chance of getting one pin out before our vacation, but he went ahead and pulled them both!

I have to say, I was a little freaked out by the whole "pulling the pins out" thing-Dr Stuart was twisting them around and kind of pulling on them and then he was like "your x-ray looks good-you want me to pull them out?" and-even though I work in the ER and have plenty of experience with irrational family members I was like "you're just gonna pull them? AAAAgguuhh! I was expecting some numbing or sedation or something- and he said " ooohh a little color commentary from mom!" But he had her lay on the table and he tugged the pins out of her finger-I circled the table and kept saying "does it hurt?Are you okay?"Just like all those family members I get annoyed with at the hospital. It is a learning lesson being on the other side of the table. I have to remember sometimes what it is like to be a family member, and this was the perfect opportunity.

So Courtney is happily pin free and ready to enjoy the rest of her summer. She still has to wear a splint for the next 5 weeks, but at least the pins are out and she can swim. She went to Friday night Cheers tonight, which is like a party on friday nights in the neighborhood next to ours. She is so excited to go on vacation next week, I think we all are! can't wait!!!

No comments: