Friday, July 10, 2009

July 10, 2007

Carli is a good tree climber. Always has been. Most people go outside and scan the yard to look for their kids, we scan the tree tops. We lured her out of the tree tonight with a steak on the grill!
Mark made a great dinner tonight. He made salmon with a butter compound. He grilled the salmon brushed with olive oil, then when it was done, he put the butter compound on top, it was made with fresh basil, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt and pepper. But he cooked the salmon perfectly, which is the most important part! He served it with grilled asparagus and grilled peaches....it was all sooooo yummy. What a guy.
My greatest accomplishment today? I got out of work at 3pm, thanks to my clinical coordinator Tina, who is so great and always tries to make me happy (I try to do the same for her!), and I was able to come home and go for a 4 mile run, which felt sooo good after working the last two days.
On a sadder note, we lost a neighbor today to cancer. Wendy didn't live really close to me, she lived at the other end of the neighborhood, but we only have 229 houses here, so she wasn't very far away. She was my age and had 4 children. It is so sad. Her youngest is just a baby, and that just breaks my heart. Luckily, they are a very close-knit family, in fact Wendy's mother and father lived with her and her sister and her 4 children live next door. Her mother is a pillar of strength and I am sure will hold the family together right now. I hope they all hold each other up and get through this together.
Yesterday was Steve's 50th birthday!! The amazing thing, at least for me, is I cannot believe for one minute, that I have a friend, who I hang out with regularly, who is 50! What? My friends are turning 50? It is crazy. Am I getting old? Sure I will be 41 next month (!), and I did notice last weekend that while wearing my bikini, I had to tie the back a little tighter because my boob was sliding out from under my top-am I embarrassing you guys? But it's true! Things are starting to slide south, my vision sucks, and varicose veins? All kinds of old lady things are starting to rear their ugly head. I will fight it all the way. I will run further, eat healthier, whatever I have to do, but I will not go down old, fat and unhealthy!
I plan to spend the weekend cleaning and doing yard work (yeah!) but we only have 10 more days until we leave for St. Kitts!! Can't wait!!

No comments: